September 7, 2011

My Take on The Fall Trend of "Polka Dots"!

Yup, polka dots are back for this fall and winter...even though they were never out of style to begin with! From the 2011 F/W runways, polka dots were seen on a variety of different items ranging from dresses to blouses and even on shoes and accessories. The best thing about this trend is that it is extremely versatile because polka dots comes in many different sizes, colours and styles such that it is nearly impossible for one to ever run out of ideas about how to mix and match them.

Here's how a few users on Lookbook included polka dots in their outfits:
I want a bow like hers :D (Click here for the original source)
Big and small polka dots together! (Click here for the original source)
I really like her outfit! (Click here for original source)
I want a leather jacket too T-T (Click here for original source)

With this trend in my mind, I went to take a look in my closet and I am quite surprised that I don't really have anything in polka dots (or not that I can remember for now at least :P)...so this is what I decided to do instead :)

POLKA DOTS NAILS!!! This is my left hand with two coats of red and white polka dots (made with the rounded end of these pins I have.)
And here's my right hand! LOL...the red is Essie's Like Me and the white is from Sally Hansen (I can't find the name, sorry ><")

And what's my inspiration for this nail design you may ask?
It must be Minnie Mouse of course! (Credit: http://dreager1.files.wordpress.com)
So how do you like the trend of polka dots and what are some other upcoming trends that you like for this fall and winter?

---pearlie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave us a comment. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated ♥

 

the.red.bow Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger